Recently, I found the perfect cold side dish for your Summer cookout! It was very simple to make and turned out delicious. I paired it with bacon cheeseburger sliders, but it goes great with your favorite smoky, spicy foods on the grill. Due to the nature of this side dish, it could even be paired with your favorite Mexican food or used as a topping on tacos.
- 3 ears of corn
- medium red onion
- small red bell pepper
- small green bell pepper
- juice of 2 limes
- Place ears of corn in boiling water for one hour or until tender.
- Finely dice onion and flesh of the bell peppers. Discard seeds and cores of the peppers. Place in large bowl.
- Remove the leaves from the cilantro.
- Finely chop half of the cilantro and place in bowl. Save the rest for later.
- Juice limes over the mixture. You can use your hands or a hand pressed juicer.
- Remove corn from the water and cut off the kernels as close to the cob as possible. This is easier when the corn is still warm.
- Salt and pepper to taste. You may add a few dashes of Cayenne or Crushed Red Pepper Flakes for a little kick, but I thought it was delicious on its own.
- Mix and refrigerate before serving.
View more recipes anyone can make at home here.